From a self care perspective, it is important that you consider each of your senses. Ideally, every day you are doing something from each perspective of sight,smell, taste, hearing and touch.
Taking these steps is not difficult but may take some initial planning to make sure items are in your life that contribute to the five senses. Today I want to discuss the perspective of sight and what you regularly see as self care.
I have been regularly sharing my abundance of lily blooms over the past few weeks. My garden consists of a menagerie of lilies, inherited and purchased. Establishing this garden has been a work in progress (still is) over the past few years. After building our home four years ago, all of the lilies are finally blooming at the same time.
These beautiful blooms make me smile. I love the beauty of flowers and need to surround myself with some type of bloom on a regular basis.
Today I want you to think about what you see on a daily basis. It could be flowers from your garden, a beautiful daily view of water, items within your home or favorite jewelry you wear.
If you find yourself uninspired with your surroundings, consider what can be done to change the situation.
- Do you need to rearrange or straighten a room in your home?
- Do you like the plates and glasses that you use every day?
- Should you take a different commute to work that will provide a different view?
- Do you need to purchase a bouquet of flowers on a weekly basis?
- Do you have a favorite photo as your screensaver on your phone and other electronic devices?
In a few weeks, my lilies will stop blooming but until then I am enjoying their beauty.
How do you practice self care from a visual perspective?
Self Care Saturday is a weekly series providing tips and suggestions for daily self care