The prompt is ” Think of 5 new things you want to do this summer.”
I read it “Think of 5 things you plan to learn this summer.” (Can you tell I’ve been teaching college classes). I believe I also read it this way because I feel like I constantly have new information coming at me right now with thinking about my practice, learning a new computer program, developing my blog…..I could easily give you 5 new things I am going to learn over the summer.
However, 5 new things I want to do this summer is different.
It is very easy to do the same thing over and over in our lives. Ruts can be comfortable but also they can become boring. Trying new things can be scary but they can also be rewarding.
1. Go Hiking some place in Central Kentucky that I haven’t been before.
2. Try a workout class that I haven’t done before – I have seriously thought about Crossfit – but it scares me. (My friend Kate is a major bad a@$ and Crossfit Nutrition Coach but lives out of area. If she were near by, it would be easier). Any body want to join me??
3. Try a cuisine I haven’t tried before. (If it weren’t for my food allergies, I would eat a lot of things – not sure what this food will be but I will find it).
4. Teach a new class. I’ve already agreed to teach an Ethics class ( which every social worker in the state is required to take for reinsure) in June that I’ve never taught before. It’s only somewhat scary to be presenting about ethics.
5. Volunteer at a new agency. Many agencies lose volunteers over the summer months and it can be a great time to reach out and explore what I may be interested in.
Are there 5 new things you would like to try this summer? It’s not as easy as it sounds. I would love to hear what you would like to do.
Are you looking for some inspiration for your journal writing? Take some time to stop by and join in the great giveaway I’m participating in with Paige from Moments for the Journey. Beautiful papers to use with your journal.
Sheryl is a transition coach, trainer and speaker from Lexington Kentucky. As the author of the blog How to Make A Life, she uses her own life and journey as a blueprint to help others find motivation, inspiration and hope for a healthy and happy life. About Twitter Instagram Pinterest