Could you make a list of the things you like?
I often utilize the journal writing technique of writing a list of 100 likes with my life coaching clients. This list can include anything and everything from favorite foods, clothing, music and places. For many, the first 50 items may be easy to list but as the list grows there may be some difficulty.
Women often put the likes and preferences of others first. As a result, one may struggle with answering the question of what they like. It is important to take time and acknowledge the things in this world that bring enjoyment. It is also equally important to make sure you are taking the time to enjoy the items that you like on that list.
Over the years I have had clients who initially struggled with listing ten items and others who have loved the exercise. Many have discovered that things they felt they liked were not truly things they enjoyed but what their family, friends or kids liked. I periodically like to make a list as our preferences do change over time.
In a form of this list, today I am linking up with The Blended Blog in answering these great summer questions. I often call these questions either/or questions and find it is a great way to get to know someone better (or know yourself better). Take some time to join in answering these questions and while you are at it, start that list of 100 things you like.
- Pool, lake or ocean? I am an ocean girl. The beach is where I belong.
- Camping, cottage or hotel? The joke is my version of camping is at least a 4 start hotel! Although, I would never turn down an adorable cottage
- Favorite ice cream flavor? Graeter’s (ice cream shop out of Cincinnati) Double Chocolate Chip
- P.J’s, Nightgown, T-shirt/Shorts or Birthday Suit? You will find me in a tank top and shorts
- Fave Summer Beverage? This summer it has become a great glass of rosè wine with an iced coffee coming in second.
- Would you rather be hot or cold? Give me all of the hot weather. I can not stand the cold.
- Sandals with heels or flats? You will find me in sandals with heels.
- Shorts or skirts? It depends upon what I am doing. For work I love summer dresses but wear shorts during the weekend.
- Sit in the sun or shade? Sun – anytime/all the time
- Water, tea or soda? I drink over 100 ounces of water each day but have sweet tea on occasion when I go out to eat.
- Fave summer, fruit, vegetable? Watermelon and peaches
- Sunrise or sunset? This is hard for me. I am leaning towards sunrise but there is magic in both.
- Bike ride or walk? Walk
- Winery or brewery? Winery
- Garden or no garden? I must have a flower garden. (I’m assuming flower garden counts.)
- Big summer concert or concert in the park? This is tough but I’m leaning toward concert in the park
- Fave cookout food? Hamburgers
- Big theme park or local carnival? Big theme park
- Fave summer destination? The beach – doesn’t matter where
- Drinks, blended or on the rocks? On the rocks
- Popsicle flavor of choice? Lime
- Hot dog or hamburger? Hamburger
Do you know what you like?