I’ve been a little sad over the weekend.
- Laughter can decrease distressing emotions. It’s not possible to feel anxious, angry or sad when you’re laughing. One of the funniest moments during my Mom’s treatment was when she awoke from a surgery and when asked if she was hungry stated, “I want steak.” The funny part was she stated it in the same tone and voice that Homer Simpson stated in an episode James and I had just watched. We both laughed.
- Laughter helps you relax and recharge. Taking time to laugh can reduce stress and increase energy. You are often able to accomplish more and stay more focused. Watch a funny YouTube video or share a joke with a coworker or friend.
- Humor shifts perspective. There are times in life when things simply get too serious. Humor allows you to see situations in a more realistic light. A different perspective allows you psychological distance and can help you not feel overwhelmed. When I worked as a Hospice employee, I always warned my new students that they would be hearing laughter from the employees and this was a way of coping with the daily stress of the job.
Today I am excited to be the Co-Host of Elizabeth’s link up called Week’s End! It is a place for you to link up your favorite post from the week and meet new bloggers. I love community and think that we can all learn something from each other! You can find Elizabeth at Oak and Oats.
Hello! I’m Sheryl! Kentucky girl, wife, freind, and counselor. Lover of Starbucks, Target, UK Blue, and the beach. This blog is my personal journey of new beginnings and all things along the way. It’s a lifestyle blog discovering all the pieces of a healthy, happy and beautiful life – join me!
|Click here to read last week’s most clicked post from a Harvest of Blessing|
2. Make sure it is a POST and not your BLOG URL. We love your blog but we want you to share a post.
3. Click on one, two, three, or more posts and LEAVE ENCOURAGING COMMENTS. The whole point of this is to find new blogs, make new friends, and all that good stuff! You MUST read the post right before yours and comment.
4. Follow Oak + Oats and How to Make a Life