As I write this on Thursday evening, I am in desperate need of a three day weekend. Today I had a day where all of my clients made their appointments (yes!) and I then provided an hour and a half of clinical supervision during a walk and talk session. Needless to say, I’m a little exhausted.
Nonetheless, I wanted to combine this week’s Friday Favorites with a little gratitude and a currently update.
Here’s what is going on:
Attending: Tequila Fest Cincinnati 2017
This weekend, in honor of my husband’s new venture Tequila Insights, we can be found in Cincinnati at the first annual Tequila Fest. Tickets include 15 samples of premium tequila, tacos and guacamole bar and live music in Fountain Square. For those of you who do not know, James posts an informative biweekly Tequila Insights video. Let’s hope for cooler weather and no thunderstorms.
Listening: Song Of The Month
Shania Twain’s Life’s About To Get Good was in a random best of summer playlist and it is now in my rotation. Although it is written about a breakup, the chorus is uplifting and something to have on auto play as a reminder when the days are not so great. Dare you to listen to chorus and not hit repeat.
Truth be told this is also being mixed with a little Trader Joe’s Wine. I love the Bai drinks and the Coconut Lime reminds me of the caribbean. I am only able to find the Coconut Lime at my Target store and last week I was only able to find one. Note that the link above is part of my affiliate program but I promise you will love it.
Wearing: LipSense in Sheer Berry
I really did not want to jump on the LipSense bandwagon and it is all my friend Tammy’s fault for providing me with a sample to try. She was out of town when I ran out of my old color and I returned to my past lipstick. This event made me realize how truly great Lipsense is. My old lipstick did not stay on and the color was not as pretty.
My newest color is Sheer Berry and I’m looking forward to trying a few others. If you are like I was and am not sure, go ahead and take the plunge with just one. You can find Tammy at Lasting Looks By Tammy on Facebook and she will be at The Distillery Market tonight and tomorrow. (Tell her you know Sheryl and you will receive 10% off your purchase. She is also having a 15 % off sale next week with free shipping. Just go see her!)
Buying: Birthday Presents For Me (I get a little shameless around my birthday)
This Sunday I celebrate my birthday and I plan on taking some time today to collect some of my free birthday items and discounts from stores like Sephora, Anthropologie, White House Black Market, Aveda and perhaps Kendra Scott!
Gratitude has been plentiful in my life lately. I do list daily gratitudes but I feel it is important to share some of the following:
- A few weeks ago, James and I attended the Berea Arts and Crafts Festival. The financial guy and I rarely carry cash and had forgotten to notice that admission was cash or check only. We had enough cash to admit one and the attendant simply said, give me what you have. Perhaps it was because it was an arts festival and a small town but nonetheless, this person did not have to let us in.
- Also at the Arts Festival, a vendor’s square wasn’t working. (I do find it odd that the vendors accept cards and the overall festival didn’t.) This vendor simply gave me his address in Missouri and asked me to mail him a check. Again, something that he didn’t have to do! I would share his website address but he doesn’t have one…
- James and I have been blessed to make some close friendships with new people over the past year. I was shocked and blessed when one of them contacted me questioning if I was going to have a birthday celebration as they couldn’t make the Tequila event in Cincinnati. I believe most of us will agree that it is harder to make good friends as we get older and I have been blessed to be embraced by some wonderful people.
- Speaking of wonderful people… I spent Tuesday night on my friend Whitney’s back patio. ( That is her patio in the first photo). We had a fantastic summer (and girly) salad, a great bottle of wine and a nice walk on her farm. I’ve said many times that Whitney is a sister from a different mother. She is one of those people who simply “gets” me and loves me flaws and all. My famous line to her when she said she was likely to get struck by lightning for being outspoken was “hold my hand, I’ll go with you.”
- Out of the blue my cousin contacted me this week after a recent post to ask me some questions. She informed me that she loves my blog and reguarly reads it. I know that most bloggers understand how much it means when someone randomly states they read your words and love them.
Thought For The Day
This Leo is celebrating her birthday on Sunday and for the first time in my life I’ve had mixed emotions about getting older. I’ve shared in the past with my own health issues, and both of my parents dying young I have learned to appreciate each day. I’m unsure what it has been about this birthday but I’ve had a few moments of wanting to simply let it pass. Then the true Leo in me comes out and say “Celebrate it girl!” (I will be sharing my traditional birthday thoughts post next week)
For each of us who are getting older, whether it be 30, 40, 50 or beyond, I wanted to share this thought I found on instagram. Regardless of where you are in life, know that it is never too late. I’m grateful for my clients in their 70s and 80s who come to me acknowledging there is still time.
What You Missed From Me:
I’ve also restarting a new series!
Finally, if you’ve made it through all of this post – Thank You! I am blessed to have created new friendships and connections via my writing. Wishing you a fantastic weekend! PS: Follow me on Instagram for an update of my shopping and birthday adventures.