Do you ever feel that the nights go by faster in summer?
Of course it could also be that I get home later on Thursday nights and by the time dinner is eaten and the kitchen in cleaned, it is already time for bed.
This week I am combining my favorites with gratitudes. Although the week has not been bad, a combination of not practicing self care has likely lead to not feeling well and sometimes feeling overwhelmed. Weeks like this happen. Thus, the importance of practicing gratitude.
If you find yourself in my situation, I encourage you to take a few minutes to practice gratitude. I promise it will make things look different and better.
Rosè Wine Tasting
Wednesday night, two of my favorite people and I went to a fantastic rosè wine tasting at Wine and Market in Lexington. Rosè is not my typical choice of wine and it was fun to try wines I would likely pass on. We also had a plate of fantastic cheese and spent time afterwards catching up. Time with friends is good for the soul.
Last week, Lexington’s Whole Foods opened their new store in The Summitt. This is a beautiful store with so many new options including: seven different food bars, store made pizza and a beautiful tap room. This store is so beautiful that I told James we needed to plan a date night.
This guy came in first in his age division at the Superhero 5k two weeks ago. He is probably tired of me saying how proud I am but I’m going to continue to say it.
My backyard blooms have simply been amazing this summer. I have a variety of lilies, many transplanted from my Mom’s and Nanny’s homes after they died. I’ve shared many instastories of my blooms over the past few weeks and find it hard to have a favorite. Seeing these blooms makes all of the time of digging and transplanting worth it!
When is the last time you went swinging on a swing set? Last week I passed one of our neighborhood playgrounds and took time out of my workout to simply swing. It was exactly what I needed. Playing on the swings was always one of my favorite things to do as a child. As adults we often forget to take time to play and this was a great reminder for me.
- Coworkers to laugh with. For those of us who work in end of life care, it is important to have the ability to laugh. I’m blessed to have a physician and nurse practitioner who are not only excellent in the care they provide to our patients but who also have (sometimes) warped senses of humor.
- Blue skies and warm days.
- Clients who send me emails with statements such as “Things are really going fine for me. I seem to have come to a “better place” in my emotional life.” One of the most rewarding things that a counselor and life coach can have is to see a client reach this point.
- My favorite store White House Black Market now has petite sizes. (short girl problems!)
- Blogging friends to connect with regarding business questions (thanks to Emily and Charlotte) and to vent about life (Lindsay).
- Friends. I reguarly say it but feel it can’t be spoken enough.
What You Missed From Me:
Hoping that you are lucky enough to have a long weekend as we approach the 4th of July Holiday!