I am hopeful than where ever you may be reading this from that you have been fortunate enough to have sunny days and warm weather. I’ve shared several times over the past month that for many reasons, this Spring is different for me and I am truly able to to appreciate the blessing of the rebirth of flowers, trees and the beautiful return of green to the grass.
Just as February was difficult, March started off rough in Central Kentucky with another 15 inches of snow. It truly felt like the winter that would NEVER,EVER end. Fortunately, new life has begun to spring up around us. I was also fortunate enough to feel that I’ve made some progress on my March goals.
- I’ve returned to cooking more. Sadly, we’ve simply got out of the routine and were in a rut. My intentions are to return to sharing recipes again.
- I’ve begun to organize areas of my house that have been neglected. After the death of my Mom and Nanny, I was purposeful in what I kept from each of them. However, this lead to a few rooms and closets that became holding areas. It feels so good to organize.
- Although my practice is not growing by leaps and bounds, I am seeing a strong return from current clients and having busy weeks.
- I’m still working on establishing routines but I have begun to work out most mornings at 5:30 am.
- I have not started my container garden (our weather is still too iffy) but I have begun to research what I need to do.
As for the wonderful world of April, I do expect it to be busy.
- It’s the final month of the college semester which means I will be grading research papers, completing final site visits and basically trying to not go insane.
- I’m scheduled to present an ethics training and to also record my very first online training course. (It feels a little odd to simply just be talking to a camera)
- I’ve joined an April Challenge group that my friend Shannon is having. She had one slot left and asked me to join. As I’m trying to do everything I can to Thrive and improve my health and fitness I felt it was a great opportunity (this always goes back to my word of 2014 where I tried to say Hello to new opportunities).
- I continue to want to organize around my house and slowly downsize my closet.
- There will be a day at Keeneland (this is the beautiful racing track here in Lexington). We didn’t make it to the Fall meet and it’s a wonderful tradition to have -not just for the beautiful horses but for the people watching.
As for my gratitudes for March
- I continue to be blessed with wonderful friends. This truly maintains and nourishes me. I’m grateful that despite our busy schedules we continue to make time for each other.
- I was asked to present a motivational speech to my beloved Junior League of Lexington for May. I’m am excited to have the opportunity to meet with some of the most talented and dedicated women in Lexington and I am honored that I was considered as a speaker.
- I feel that I am regularly given signs from God that I am doing what I need to be doing. At times it comes in the form of a simply good day, a client succeeding in their goals and other signs that I’m not able to always share in written form. I often question but then I am given an answer.
What are your plans for April?
Remember it’s never too late to set new goals for yourself.