This part of the world welcomes you today. Although many individuals and places have been celebrating your arrival for a month or so now.
- I’m not a huge of fan of pumpkin flavors. Everywhere I look, it is pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin flavored everything. Seriously, who is pumpkin’s PR person?
- I’m a fashion girl and I’ve always struggled with having a great transitional wardrobe. I’ve never mastered it. Sometimes I think that is because I don’t want to.
- Speaking of fashion, let’s talk about shoes. It will still be weeks before it is warm enough to wear my tall boots (something I do love). Meanwhile, I struggle with the weather being warm enough to wear sandals but the calendar stating I should be wearing something else. I’m blaming fall (and spring) for the reason I have purchased flat dress shoes.
- On a serious note, you signify endings for me. You have always signified the ending of my favorite time of year. Sadly, two years ago, we received my Mom’s cancer diagnosis during the month of October. Your return will always be a reminder of those long days and time period.
However, this year I would like to try and make things different between us.
- Pumpkins – as much as I don’t care for the everything flavored pumpkin, I do think they are pretty. I love to decorate with them!
- Football – The Boys of Fall – how I love them.
- Apples -I was able to purchase the first Honeycrisp apples of the year. There are only a few months that they will be around and I LOVE them.
- Colors – OK, I admit that you do have a beautiful display of colors. There is nothing better than watching the slight changes in color variations as I drive along. Our summer was not as dry this year and I am interested in what you will bring to the table.
- Birthdays – many of my favorite people in life have October and November birthdays. There is nothing better than celebrating their existence in the world. These wonderful people have helped me to stay afloat.