Today is day 61 of 365.
In some ways it is hard to believe that we are already moving in to another month. As we move into March, I want to encourage you to not be discouraged if you have fallen short of those January goals and resolutions. Remember that each day you have the ability to begin again. Additionally, I want you to remember that just as 61 days have passed, days are going to pass regardless of your focus.
It’s never too late to focus on your goals.
The first Monday of each month, I utilize this space to review my progress in achieving how I have attempted to Thrive. If you are new here, Thrive is my word and focus of the year.
In short, February was difficult for me. Kentucky had a major winter storm (as did most of the country). We had over 15 inches of snow and days of sub-zero temperatures. I struggle with winter and I truly believe that coupled with the anniversary of my Mom’s death, my mood and motivation were impacted.
However, as I look back at my goals for February, I was successful in many of them and have begun and/or continue to thrive.
- I returned to a somewhat regular workout routine.
- I was able to begin taking more photographs with my DSLR (and even ventured out in 20 degree weather to take photographs).
- I was able to publish posts and other social media on a more consistent schedule – thanks to CoSchedule.
As we grow closer towards Spring, I am hoping I will be able to thrive even more in March.
- I continue wanting to focus upon eating well and regular exercise. (I miss doing regular recipes in this space.)
- There are several rooms in my home that are in need of organization. I do not expect to do all of these rooms in one month but my goal is to rid myself of rooms that have become holding grounds over the past two years.
- I hope to continue growing my private practice and need to focus upon networking more in my community. I desire to focus on my career in a different manner this month.
- As I said last month, each day of my life has a different schedule. I continue to work on establishing routines. Having a regular routine may not be something I will be able to have with my new life. However, I’m not ready to give up yet!
- For the first time in my life I am considering establishing a container garden. I grew up around the gardens of my grandparents and parents when I was younger. However, I have never ventured into anything outside of flower gardening. I plan to research what I need and plan for a few vegetables.
As I practice gratitude daily, I wanted to take the time to review some of my bigger gratitudes of the month of February.
- On February 21, James did a complete 360 on I-75 after hitting black ice.There was no other traffic coming as he went across three lanes of traffic (odd for a Saturday). The SUV landed in a 4 foot high snow bank that was in front of a concrete barrier. The only damage sustained was the rim around the wheel popped out (and was easily popped back in). This could have ended so much differently. There is no doubt, he was being watched over.
- On the anniversary of my Mom’s death, my dear friend Janice called me from Germany and we spent TWO hours simply catching up with each other. A sign of true friendship is when one is willing to stay up past their bedtime to call you! I’m forever grateful.
- I was so excited to hear that I had won Amanda’s blogversary giveaway. Who doesn’t need Paypal cash?
Don’t forget to take a few minutes to consider your own plans for March.
Remember it is never too late to begin focusing upon intentions.