I write this post from a place of pure exhaustion.
However, it is the good type of tired. The tired where one knows it was a good day and although there is no energy left, every molecule of energy given was worth it.
How does one make a life? It is in the everyday details, the comings and goings of daily life. Most importantly in the enjoying and truly being in the moment.
This weekend I had the pleasure of truly being in the moment and for that I am grateful. I had hoped to share photos but they will have to come later in the week.
For now, here is a short snippet of some scenes from my weekend! (Follow me on Instagram @howtomakealife to stay up to date.)
- Had a fantastic two hour walk with a dear friend.
- Ran regular weekend errands on a beautiful sunny day.
- Drove to Louisville with friends and had a fantastic dinner (there will be photos).
- Stood in line with the above mentioned friends for THREE HOURS to view over 5,000 Jack-o-lanterns.
- Did not get home until 2:30 in the morning after viewing these 5,000 Jack-o-lanterns. (I am not a young as I used to be).
- Enjoyed breakfast at home with my husband on Sunday.
- Spent a great afternoon at a local orchard with my husband.
- Joined the new YMCA that is finally opening in our neighborhood in the next week.
- Made a gluten free apple crisp with apples from the orchard.
- Took a long detox bath.
It is now Sunday evening as I write this and I acknowledge there are so many things that have not been done. However, these things will fall into place as they need.
Life is not meant to be consumed with constant errands or tasks.
I plan to share more of my weekend later this week (because everyone needs to see photos of 5,000 jack-o-lanterns). For now, I encourage you to make sure you are taking time to live your life. Enjoy the sun. Appreciate the blue sky. Feel the fall air. Rest when you need to.